Welcome to The Ribbon Device Blog!
Also the home of Mat Creedon's
School of Music ,
and Nincompoop Records. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to make a hothouse out of old CD cases with out glue!

A little while ago I needed to make a hothouse to get my
seedlings growing during the winter months. Being a
green friendly and frugal kind of a guy Istarted to look
around the house to see what I could reuse or recycle.

Months earlier my wife and I condensed our CD music
library by up loadingit onto our computers and then
taking them out of their plastic cases. Of course we have
a large collection so naturally we had a lot of useless
plastic cases now lying around.

It then dawned on me that the plastic CD cases where
perfect for the job. The clear plastic allowed plenty of
light and the space in between cases would trap the
warm air.

The only problem to solve was how to connect them.
Obviously sticky tape or glue would be fine for the job
but having played with plenty of lego as a child I knew
there was a better way.

The CD cases are easily connectable using their simple
door hinge design. All you do is take out the CD tray
(where the CD sits) and... Hang on just the watch the
youtube and you can see for yourself.

Enjoy!
Mat


No comments:

Post a Comment